Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Google+: Let Me In!

So, G+ has been in a limited field trial for about a week now.  Thanks to my buddy Matt, I have an invite.  I just can't use it, 'cause Google won't let me yet!

G+ seems to have features I'd really like to have, mainly because when I share my thoughts on FB, there seems to always be an issue, and that issue wouldn't be there if certain groups of people couldn't see those posts.  Yeah, I'm fully aware that you can group people on Facebook, but the process is so annoying and tenuous that I'd really just rather start from scratch.  Other than that, I really liked FB.  G+ is Google's answer to that (much in the same way that Buzz was their answer to Twitter), only much better done.

So, yeah, I want in.  Patiently (okay, not so much) waiting for this invite to work....

Oh, as a sidenote, once I actually do get in, I might actually start posting more regularly...like I said I would.  The problem was that FB was my main hub of online social contact, and it didn't make sense to have to have people going all over the Net to find what I was talking about.  With G+, that changes.  For those that don't know, Blogger is soon to be rebranded as Google Blogs, in an ongoing movement by Google to bring everything under one umbrella (YouTube, however, will not be affected).  Because of that, things will make much more sense to post here rather than as a note on FB.

Anyhoo, waiting for that invite to work.  When I have a G+ profile, I'll post it here and a few other various places.  See you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment